For questions 1-15, read the text below and then decide which word best fits each space. Put the letter you choose for each question in the correct box on your answer sheet. The exercise begins with an example (0). You have 10 minutes to complete this task
Cutting Edge Intermediate A Mid term Test (Modules 1-3) Mid term reviewC
0. A : (0)... you have any brothers or sisters?
B : No, I don't. I'm an only child
1. 'Hi Neil. How (1)... things with you these days?'
2. A : Have you got any money?
B : No, I (2)... . I'm broke
3. How much time did you (3)... doing your homework?
4. Do you work (4)... time or part-time?
5. She (5)... meat. She is a vegetarian
6. When I (6)... in the sea garden yesterday, I saw Tom walking his dog
7. Alistair was late to work (7)... his children were crying all afternoon
8. I (8)... play football everyday, but not anymore.
9. When I was a child I (9)... like carrots. I hated them
10. 'Do you (10)... when you were 5 years old?'
11. Russia is by (11)... the biggest country in the world
12. On average, Bourgas is (12)... warmer than Varna
13. England is (13)... more expensive than Bulgaria for food and drinks
14. A : 'Can I speak to Mark please?'
B : '(14)... on a minute. I'll just check if he's available
15. Ruse is near the border (15)... Romania