For questions 1-15, read the text below and then decide which word best fits each space. Put the letter you choose for each question in the correct box on your answer sheet. The exercise begins with an example (0). You have 10 minutes to complete this task
Cutting Edge Upper Intermediate A Mid term Test (Modules 1-3) Mid term reviewB
0. A : (0)... is the Capital of Australia?
B : Canberra I think
1. (1)... the 1980's, Wham had 4 number one hits in the UK
2. Johnny Depp's new movie is (2)... showing in all cinemas
3. вЂњDo you remember when we were children? (3)... were the best days of our livesвЂќ
4. A : вЂњyou look worried. What (4)... about?вЂќ
B : вЂњMy husband is late home from workвЂќ
5. I knew he wasn't guilty. He (5)... with me all evening
6. I can't get into my house now because I (6)... my key
7. I never practice my English. In fact I think it is getting (7)...
8. Honestly, I (8)... still love you and I always will
9. A : The population of Varna is over a million in the summer
B : (9)... it. I thought it was much lower than that
10. I was ironing but I stopped (10)... the sunset
11. I liked the game so much I (11)... ordered it a week before it was released in the shop
12. вЂњThis meat is (12)... cooked. Can you put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes
13. Oh look, you have (13)... your drink all down your shirt
14. Yesterday, I (14)... on some ice. Luckily, I wasn't hurt
15. A : Why are you so dirty?
B : I (15)... football