For questions 1-15, read the text below and then decide which word best fits each space. Put the letter you choose for each question in the correct box on your answer sheet. The exercise begins with an example (0). You have 10 minutes to complete this task
Cutting Edge Upper Intermediate B Mid term Test (Modules 7-9) Mid term reviewB
0. A : (0)... is the Capital of New Zealand?
B : I'm not sure if it's Wellington or Auckland.
1. She is absolutely (1)... . I bet all the boys like her.
2. I am (2)... exhausted. I think I will go to bed.
3. George Michael, (3)... was a famous singer, was arrested last month in London.
4. An Elephant is an animal (4)... has a long trunk.
5. The party finished early because there (5)... food or drink for everyone.
6. He is a really good comedian and can take (6)... Obama really well. He sounds just like him.
7. Alexandra takes (7)... her Dad. They act similar in most situations.
8. He refused (8)... his homework and this made his Dad mad.
9. I hate (9)... the centre of attention when everyone is looking at me.
10. I don't like his style too much. (10)... you can't deny that he is a great actor.
11. You haven't come to class very often and you have only 20% in the test. (11)... I have no choice but to fail you.
12. Although you (12)... miss any lessons at school, many people do.
13. I'm glad you are safe. You (13)... died in the desert alone without water.
14. If I hadn't moved to Bulgaria, I (14)... in England.
15. This CD doesn't work anymore because it (15)....