For questions 1-15, read the text below and then decide which word best fits each space. Put the letter you choose for each question in the correct box on your answer sheet. The exercise begins with an example (0). You have 10 minutes to complete this task
Pre Advanced B (Total English) Mid term Test (Modules 6-7) Mid term reviewA
0. A : (0)... is the Capital of Canada?
B : I'm not sure if it's Otowa or Toronto
1. A : Who is (1)... power in the USA at the moment?
B : Barak Obama, I think
2. He had a lot of power (2)... his ex-wife. She did everything he told him to do
3. (3)... Panda is an endangered species and is protected by international laws
4. I went to (4)... restaurant last night in Varna. It was great
5. The I-phone has really (5)... on here in Bulgaria and worldwide
6. She always interrupts me (6)... I try and speak
7. (7)... of the weather, we went for a walk in the rain
8. Jaron decided to (8)... the music and talk to the girl that he had ignored the night before
9. I really landed on my (9)... by getting the best job in town
10. My cat is very (10)... . You can stoke and pat him and he loves it
11. A : Look at the horse (11)... has different colours on his back!
B : That's because it's a Zebra!
12. 'I remember (12)... in London and playing football after school'
13. I was working, but I stopped (13)... the phone
14. She was not very (14)... of the kids in the class
15. It was a one of a kind. It was (15)...