For questions 1-15, read the text below and then decide which word best fits each space. Put the letter you choose for each question in the correct box on your answer sheet. The exercise begins with an example (0). You have 10 minutes to complete this task
Advanced A (Cutting Edge Modules 1-2) Mid term reviewC
0. A : (0)... is the Capital of the USA?
B : I'm not sure if it's Washington or New York.
1. If English is your first language you can say that you are a (1)... speaker of English.
2. Many people (2)... English at the moment.
3. Just think, at this time tomorrow, we (3)... on the beach in Malibu!
4. Take it easy, we have all the time in the (4)... to get there.
5. If you do something bad, your parents might (5).... you and not let you leave the house.
6. The house was in a terrible state, the (6).... squeaked and needed replacing. You couldn't even walk on them.
7. When I realised that I had failed my Bulgarian exam I was absolutely (7)....
8. I felt (8).... that she didn't do what she had promised to do.
9. It's not nice to (9).... down people and make them feel bad by saying the wrong thing.
10. It (10).... that I suspected her of cheating on her husband.
11. When you are unhappy, you might look for a (11).... to cry on.
12. The lesson was so boring, I was bored to (12)....
13. The musical show was so good, the audience demanded (13)....
14. At what age could you (14).... the time?
15. I'm not (15).... if she doesn't come. I don't really like her anyway.