For questions 1-15, read the text below and then decide which word best fits each space. Put the letter you choose for each question in the correct box on your answer sheet. The exercise begins with an example (0). You have 10 minutes to complete this task
Advanced B (Cutting Edge Modules 6-7) Mid term reviewA
0. A : (0)___ is the Capital of Scotland?
B : I'm not sure if it's Edinburgh or Glasgow.
1. I am usually in the (1)___ at the end of the month as I spend more money than I have in my account.
2. He is really (2)___ . he never spends money and keeps it all to himself.
3. Do you usually leave a (3)___ for the waiter at a restaurant if you receive good service?
4. (4)___ did he steal the money, he also betrayed our trust.
5. (5)___ did she offer to pay for a meal when I took her out.
6. I would like sparkling water with a (6)___ of lemon please.
7. It's best to put a (7)___ of salt into water before boiling Spaghetti.
8. Sometimes I get really (8)___ when my girlfriend doesn't pay enough attention to me.
9. Don't beat around the (9)___ . Just tell me what's on your mind.
10. I hate people (10)___ to me.
11. She is a real (11)___ . She is always talking about other peoples private lives and often its not true.
12. He has a total (12)___ of ambition. He just plays computer games all day.
13. That shirt is (13)___ what I was looking for.
14. Tom didn't show up last night. (14)___ he did bring flowers to my house this morning.
15. He is a terrible husband. (15)___ I still love him.