For questions 1-15, read the text below and then decide which word best fits each space. Put the letter you choose for each question in the correct box on your answer sheet. The exercise begins with an example (0). You have 10 minutes to complete this task
Pre Advanced A Final test Review - Modules 3-5 Total EnglishA
0. I borrowed 20 leva from him but (0).... the next day.
1. Experts said that the painting wasn't an original, but was a (1)....
2. My neighbour likes to (2).... and is always talking about other peoples lives.
3. Adrian missed his connecting flight due to the delay. The connecting flight (3).... before he arrived.
4. After the president made his speech, people (4).... in protest at his words.
5. The government have (5).... proceedings against the ex finance minister.
6. Although he appears (6).... and not very friendly, he's just a nervous really.
7. He received a (7).... and wasn't popular with the audience.
8. There is no (8).... that eating junk food is bad for your health.
9. I'm at a loose (9).... Do you want to go to the cinema?
10. I (10).... my work by 9pm, so we can go for a drink then.
11. My ex-girlfriend calls me every (11)....
12. Jaron (12).... in the market and got the price down by 30%.
13. If we hadn't lost all of the money, we (13).... a new house for the family last year.
14. I lost all my money, so now I'm (14)....
15. I decided to (15).... her, so bought some chocolates and flowers home.