For questions 1-15, read the text below and then decide which word best fits each space. Put the letter you choose for each question in the correct box on your answer sheet. The exercise begins with an example (0). You have 10 minutes to complete this task
Business Upper Intermediate A Final Test, Market Leader Modules 5-7A
Select the correct answer from the choices below.
0. We (0)___ judged the amount of money we needed, so we were over budget.
1. The job has a lower salary but some really good (1)___ like a company car and free phone calls.
2. I received (2)___ of 2,000 pounds at the end of the year for good work.
3. There is so much (3)___ and you need so many documents and permissions, just to operate legally.
4. It (4)____ in recent years, that Bank bosses are getting far too high bonuses.
5. If you need to contact me tomorrow, (5)___ at home all day tomorrow.
6. We need to completely (6)___ all risk at the power plant before starting the nuclear reactor.
7. Although the risk is (7)___ and unlikely, we need to be 100% sure before going ahead.
8. We need a (8)___ to get the company back into profit.
9. We were (9)___ tired after the 24 hour flight to Sydney.
10. I (10)___ enjoyed the conference and will report back to my team.
11. Many business hours are lost with people (11)___ the net.
12. There is no (12)___ for orders over 100 pounds and they will bring the product to your door.
13. I wish I (13)___ that dress online. It doesn't fit me and I can't return it.
14. If I hadn't drunk so much last night, I (14)___ a headache now.
15. The company was (15)___ by a German firm last year, so now we all have to learn German!