For questions 1-15, read the text below and then decide which word best fits each space. Put the letter you choose for each question in the correct box on your answer sheet. The exercise begins with an example (0). You have 10 minutes to complete this task
Business Upper Intermediate B Final Test, Market Leader Modules 12-14B
Select the correct answer from the choices below.
0. He took legal (0)___ against his former employer.
1. He is a very (1)___ manager and everyone knows what they should do and when.
2. He likes to (2)___ all of his work to his secretary and team so that he has time with his family.
3. Our boss never provides (3)___ so we don't know if he is happy with our work or not.
4. I didn't (4)___ the goals set this year, so I didn't receive a bonus.
5. I find it difficult to make (5)___ with people and prefer to talk about work.
6. We have a (6)___ with a firm in Bourgas to make a summer school for children.
7. The 2 companies (7)___ to make one large company.
8. They took a 20% (8)___ in the company and are looking to increase their influence.
9. When starting a new business, you should be aware of the many (9)___ you might encounter.
10. We have just had state of the (10)___ computers fitted in our office, it's great!
11. The company is at the cutting (11)___ of technological design.
12. (12)___ is defined as the increase in prices over a set period of time.
13. Look at those black cloud's. It (13)___ rain.
14. The phone is ringing, but don't worry, I (14)___ get it.
15. Carrefour is a large (15)___ of supermarkets.