For questions 1-15, read the text below and then decide which word best fits each space. Put the letter you choose for each question in the correct box on your answer sheet. The exercise begins with an example (0). You have 10 minutes to complete this task
Pre Intermediate Grammar Review.C
0. A Do you like apples?
B Yes I (0)...
1. A How long (1)... you known each other?
B Since 2009. We met at university.
2. A When (2)... you leave university?
B Last year.
3. A I (3)... the film.
B Neither did I.
4. A What (4)... you do at weekends?
B I usually visit my family in Provadia.
5. A That's a beautiful picture. Who (5)... it?
B Irina did.
6. A What (6)... you do if you lost your job?
B I'd probably go and live with my mum
7. A Hey, the phone is ringing!
B It's ok, I (7)... get it.
8. A Hello, can I speak to Mark please?
B Sorry, he (8)... tennis at the moment.
9. A Where were you at 7pm last night Mr Wadsworth?
B I (9)... at English Academy, officer.
10. A Why don't your parents travel more often?
B Because they are afraid of (10)...
11. A I think it might rain this afternoon.
B If it rains, I (11)... use my umbrella.
12. A Can I speak to Jaron please?
B I'm afraid he has (12)... to Italy. He'll be back next week.
13. A Why couldn't you sleep?
B Because my neighbours (13)... again.
14. A Why can't you open the door?
B Because I (14)... my keys.
15. A Have you ever been to Thailand?
B Many times. And I (15)... there in 2007.